It seems like every blogger is doing holiday gift guides so…I thought why not? But I'm keeping it SUPER simple and sharing just one list. I was going to do three lists but then I got busy and it's already December 15th - so one list it is. I'm calling it A Holiday Gift Guide of Things to Give & Receive…because it includes things I would be more than happy to receive (and a few things I have my eyes on) as well as things I think would be lovely to give…in case you're like me and haven't really started your Christmas shopping yet and need a few ideas!
1) Roots | Palmoa Shawl ($74): I think this is lovely and would work basically all year round - I picture myself wearing it with some skinny jeans and my favourite booties.
2) Sephora | Tom Ford Black Orchid ($75): Perfume is something I'm very picky about and this one is divine - it's been on my "to buy" list for ages. Gifting a lovely bottle of perfume is always nice - it feels a bit indulgent.
3) Indigo | Kobo eReader ($79.99): Hands down one of my favourite purchases of 2014. If you're purchasing for a book lover who hasn't been reading as much as they'd like, an eReader solely for books, with no tablet feature, might be the trick. If they already have an eReader perhaps a gift card for some books so they can load it up - wink, wink.
4) Various Retailers | Magic Bullet ($49.99): In my opinion, making smoothies is so much easier than juicing. I have a knock-off bullet-eque blender but would love a magic bullet - would be great for someone in your life looking to eat better and get healthy in the new year.
5) Spa Treatment ($$+): This time of year is crazy busy for me at work and in life in general…and I know I'm not the only one. Perhaps someone in your life would appreciate a bit of a spa day - or a simple spa treatment like a massage so they can just unwind and relax? Even a manicure and pedicure would be lovely to give - and receive!
6) Bath & Body Works | 3-Wick Candles ($22.50): I know of very few people who don't love a beautiful smelling candle - and these ones really scent an entire room…or in my case, my entire apartment! My favourite scents, Twisted Peppermint and 'Tis The Season, are both seasonal - you've been warned!
7) Origins | GinZing Scrub Cleanser ($19.50): I think it's always nice to give something that someone might not necessarily get for themselves. Much as I like to look at spendy skincare I purchase very wisely as I'm a touch frugal. I've been trying samples of the Origins line and, for the most part, it's been quite lovely. Products from the Kiehl's line, like the Ultra Facial Cream, would be another good one to gift.
8) Herschel | Novel Duffle ($79.99): A great weekend duffle - who doesn't need one? Plus this one has a separate compartment for shoes. Fab!
9) Indigo | Leather Passport Case ($35): Anyone in possession of a passport would love to have something nice to hold it in - me included. I so want to retire the free case that came with my passport photo. I'm fairly picky with passport cases and basically just want it to hold my passport and nothing else - so this one looks legit.
Other worthy mentions:
+ OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark and a good top coat like Seche Vite - great for those who like to do their own nails - and LPAD is one of my all-time favourite colours…so good.
+ My almost four year old niece is a mini book worm so I'll definitely be adding to her collection - I'm eager to gift her The Book With No Pictures and to read it with her.
+ I always enjoy going to see a good movie, as do most people?, so I think gift cards for two to the local theatre is always a guaranteed hit.
+ If your giftee has been really good this year and is a Breaking Bad lover and you feel like being a bit spendy then The Complete Series on DVD would be ah-mazing and would garner you major brownie points!
Happy Last Minute Shopping!