So, there's this meme thing going around...where a blogger comes up with some questions and tags another blogger to answer a few of these questions...and it's a way to get to know a bit more about said bloggers...and the questions are insightful or fun or serious...and well, no one tagged me. But I thought it looked fun and would make for a fun post so I kinda tagged myself. LOL. Oy, that's kinda lame right? It's like interviewing yourself assuming people want to know more about you. Actually, it's not like interviewing yourself it is interviewing yourself lol. Geez, how self-obsessed huh? But I guess just having a blog is kinda...being into yourself, right? You're assuming people, somewhere out there, want to know and care about what you have to say....Anywho, back to the Six Things meme. Which I've conveniently changed to Seven Things because apparently I like to talk about myself sometimes.
2. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? Probably cow foot? It's not an uncommon dish in Jamaican culture though. My mom makes it a handful of times a year and it's one of those things, like oysters and squid, that is an acquired taste that I can't eat a lot of but once or twice a year I can eat a little bit. I can't really describe the taste or texture...it's different.
3. Share something unusual about yourself that not a lot of people (on the 'net) know. The outer side of my legs (from the knees down) don't grow any hair! It's so weird! Kinda fantastic but weird. I can remember shaving all parts of my legs when I was in my late teens and early 20's...but some time in my early 20's I remember getting..."bald spots" on my lower legs. I think it started with my right leg. And then my left leg. And the bald spots got bigger. And it wasn't until this summer that I made the connection that it's the entire outer side only of both legs. They are smooth as a baby's bottom and there aren't any hair follicles. I don't know why this is. (I actually googled this before sharing to try and figure out why this could be, and to make sure I didn't have an unknown to me illness that one of you would point out!, but I can't find an answer. Maybe I should go see a doctor?)
4. Gain 20 IQ points or lose 20 pounds - which do you choose? Oy, vanity wins. Lose 20 pounds. I don't even have to think about it.
5. Why did you start your blog and do you still blog for the same reason? Hmmm. I originally started my blog because I was reading, in real time, the blog of a guy who was on a 'round the world trip and blogging almost daily and I thought it was neat that he was documenting and sharing this adventure and that people, like myself, were actually following him and corresponding with him and being inspired. At the end he'd have this, diary of sorts, of his year and that would be, I thought, so cool. I enjoyed his writing style - you could "hear" his voice and it felt like he was a friend just chatting with you. And he was really funny; his blog kept me totally interested and inspired. So I thought, maybe I could share bits and pieces of my life in the form of a blog and see if anyone would read....many blog addresses later and I'm still blogging and sharing bits and pieces of my life and, when I think about it, it's still for the same reason. Just to share. And to interact with like-minded people. I never thought I'd have many readers let alone actually correspond with any of them let alone actually meet any of them or even become friends with people through my blog - but I have and I think that is so cool; I feel like I could visit so many cities around the world and actually "know" someone there to grab a cup of coffee with and I think that's really cool (how many times can I say "cool"?). So that's why I continue to blog. Not just to share (and maybe inspire) but to connect with like-minded people who I otherwise would never meet. (Oh, and this is the blog I was referring to. It is the very first blog I ever read and followed - I can't believe I remember the name!)
6. Your favourite cancelled TV show is having a one hour update special - what TV show is it? The Cosby Show! Did Vanessa and Dabnis get back together and get married? Do Rudy and Bud ever date? Did Denise ever "find herself"? What happened to Cousin Pam? Do Winnie and Nelson become a lawyer and doctor like their mom and dad...and grandma and grandpa? I'm guessing Clair and Mr. Huxtable have retired - are they still in their Brownstone or have they retired to somewhere fabulous? What does grown up Peter look like? Is Theo married with kids? Don't you wanna know?!?!?!?!
7. Describe your ideal mate - in 25 words or less. Tall, dark, and handsome. Loves to travel. Ambitious, smart, respectful. Adores me. A man's man with a soft side. An accent wouldn't hurt.
Okay, fun! Now it's your turn! I'm tagging:
Molly / Brenna / Krystal / Allessia / Marita
Choose seven of the following questions to answer yourself:
1. You're given a 'round the world ticket that stops in five major cities - which cities does you visit?
2. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
3. Share something unusual about yourself that not a lot of people (on the 'net) know.
4. Gain 20 IQ points or lose 20 pounds - which do you choose?
5. You can hang out with three of your favourite bloggers (even if you've never met them) this weekend and do anything you want to...which three bloggers and what are you doing?
6. Why did you start your blog and do you still blog for the same reason?
7. Your favourite cancelled TV show is having a one hour update special - what TV show is it?
8. You can have the services of one of the following free for an entire year - a cook, a cleaner, a driver, or a trainer. Which do you choose and why?
9. Describe your ideal mate - in 25 words or less.
10. Something you're afraid of?
Answer the questions on your blog (if you want!) and then come up with your own questions and tag some fellow bloggers :-) Feel free to use some (or all) of my questions if you want to!
I didn't tagZ you? My bad. Feel free to choose seven of the questions above and answer them on your blog. Then tag it forward :-)
Don't have a blog? Feel free to pick one of the questions above and answer it below on the comments!